Gary C. Pennington has enjoyed a varied and diversified practice, including the deployment of wireless infrastructure and technology; commercial real estate transactions; zoning and land use planning; drafting zoning ordinances related to wireless infrastructure; in-building connectivity agreements; utility and fiber agreements; broadband deployment; software agreements for technology companies; telecom agreements for the delivery of telecom services; environmental issues; and general commercial transactions.
During his career as the managing member of Pennington Law Firm, LLC, Mr. Pennington’s Firm has handled over 34,000 wireless communications projects directly related to the deployment of new or enhanced wireless technology and infrastructure.
The following is a summary of some of the highlights of Mr. Pennington’s experience.
Born in Greensboro, North Carolina and grew up in Loris, South Carolina. Admitted to the South Carolina Bar in 1991. Admitted to the Georgia Bar in 1997. Admitted to the U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina, and United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit.
- B.A., cum laude, The Citadel (1988)
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law (1991)
- South Carolina
- Richland County Bar Association
- Speaker at the Regional AGL Conference in Florida, November 2011
- Speaker at the Carolinas Wireless Association 2010 and 2011
- Speaker/Moderator at the AGL Conference in Philadelphia, June 2018
- Speaker at the South Carolina Chapter of the American Planning Association 2018 Summer Conference, July 2018
- Citadel Foundation for Leadership Campaign. 2014 – 2017. Committee Member. The goal of the Citadel Foundation for Leadership Campaign was to raise 175,000,000.00 Dollars to coincide with the Citadel’s 175th Anniversary. This goal was exceeded by over $75,000,000.00
- Vistage International. 2004 – 2016. Member. Vistage International is a peer mentoring membership organization for CEOs, business owners and executives of small- to mid-size businesses. Founded in 1957 as The Executive Committee, Vistage has more than 22,000 members in 20 countries.
- The Citadel Class of 1988 Reunion Committee. 2011 – 2012 Committee Member. The purpose of this Committee was to raise funds for The Citadel during our 25th Reunion Year. Our Committee set the record for the most funds raised by a 25th Reunion Class. The proceeds raised were used to help fund the operations of the Krause Center for Leadership and Ethics at The Citadel.
- South Carolina Educational Broadband Service Commission. 2008 – 2009. Chairman. Appointed by Governor Mark Sanford. The Commission was created by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina. Its purpose was to obtain and evaluate proposals from commercial entities for the leasing of the excess spectrum capacity licensed to the South Carolina Educational Television Network. The successful result will provide approximately $130,000,000.00 for the State of South Carolina over the term of the leases for the spectrum.
- South Carolina Broadband Technology and Communications Study Committee. 2008. Committee Member. Appointed by Governor Mark Sanford. The Committee was created to investigate the status of broadband in South Carolina.
- Wireless Communications
- Commercial Transactions
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- General Corporate Issues
- Real Estate Development
- Utilities/Fiber Agreements